Wednesday, March 16, 2016

20160319 (Mom's BD)

Not all that many pix of rotten vegetables to choose from on Google. This'll have to do




















Had my mother lived she would 

Be 101 today and who knows how

Disabled, deteriorated, and illucid

She would be. As a family we do

Not hold up well unless pickled

And kept in a large enough jar.

I don’t believe any of us have

Made it to 80. Which means I

Have to play my cards right over

The next seven years (six and a 

Half by now) if I would like to

Get anything positive done in

These golden years of organ

Failure, almost incessant napping,

And watching parts fall off

As I walk. Today, right now,

I’m feeling the need to get

Something notable done like

Patch the hole in my basement

Door which has been allowing 

An excess of wintry winds in,

Get kitchen cabinets figured for

Placement in the upstairs, first

Floor, or basement kitchens,

Ordering more films from the

Cleveland Public Library to

Keep my celluloidic critical

Facilities challenged, or push

My blog forward another day

Much like cartoonists must 

Have a backlog of panels if

They ever expect to get a 

Vacation. As for the door, I’ve

Waited for a mild day since 

I’ll have to work with it open

As I fix it (check! Today’s

Weather is great); as for the

Kitchen cabinets, I will be 

Calling St Iggies’ for teen

Charitable assistance as I

Did with moving my bed

Upstairs (note: they could

Not come as soon as I needed

So I took it apart and trucked

The littler pieces parts upstairs

With the last of my septuagenarian

Strength)—no hurry here as

I’ve been thinking about what goes

Where and I haven’t settled that 

Yet; I’ll order more films, no 

Problem there, small potatoes

To reward my tax filing I’ve

Decided; working on the blog 

Is in evidence but I need to 

Pop two per day to get ahead.

Also it’s vegetable day when I

Trim the excess from radishes,

Parcel out the cut up Brussel

Sprouts, green beans, and 

Broccoli into three sets of

Nukable 8 oz. portions with

A teaspoon of lemon juice

And a half tablespoon of 

Unsalted butter each as per

My diabetic nutritionist’s

Recommendoes, then chopping

The waste to sizes suitable to

My compost bin, and patting

Myself on the back for being

Such an “Oh so good boy” for

The next week.  I know that as

My life rolls out into more tasks

Than I ever shall hope to 

Accomplish in the years and 

Months remaining, I trust they

Will find my body slumped

Over the keyboard with a blog

Date matching my expiration

And most likely radishes 

Rotting in the fresh food

Compartment.







c. J.S.Manista, 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment