Wednesday, August 10, 2016

20160810 (blogging)

Obviously he wants to get into her pants. No one is that interested in your blog.

























Aging may not cause insomnia

But it sure as hell accompanies it.

So today after a back breaking 

Yesterday of cutting waste wood

To liquor box size and hauling 

It to the Black Hole known as 

The tree lawn, I found myself 

Lying awake a good portion of

The night despite the room’s

Air conditioner sparing me from

The bloody heamidity (my 

Neologism or pseudo portmanteau

For that thoroughly regrettable

Combination of heat and humidity

That makes people say, “If I

Had a house in Hell, I’d rent 

This place and go live there.”

So at 5:30 AM I announced to

The cat that I’d had just about

Enough of her kneading my 

Chest as a signal for her to 

Check out whether the 

Basement was cooler than

The bedroom, and enough of

My own BPH trips to the 

Bathroom, and enough of my 

Aching right knee (now aching

As my left did before being

Replaced with a new titanium

Model). It’s been my note this

Writer at least does not chose

The times, places, or topics

For his work—they seem to 

Appear with the ferocity of a

Boil on one’s own behind,

Which you defer at your peril

Or bounce in your chair at

The computer (can you believe

I was tempted to say “typewriter”?)

Until you feel a distinct popping

Sensation as the pus is blissfully

Released at least for this once.

That may not have been the most

Pleasant metaphor to relate though

It certainly bears a grim likeness

To the actual event of getting 

Your words finally out there

For all to admire (hah!) or complain

About (far more likely, if they

Notice at all). For all we know

Someone may have already

Revealed a theory unifying

Quantum mechanics and relativity

In their humble blog which 

Nobody reads but themselves—

So much for the natural affinity

Of wisdom. Nothing spreads

Without PR these days which 

Is probably why Jesus thought

To appear in early Roman times

When the Sermon on the Mount

Was judged on its own merits

Not through the recommendations

Of a New York-based agent

Calling on the established

Publishers of the twenty-first

Century.




c. J.S.Manista, 2016 


No comments:

Post a Comment