Saturday, May 30, 2015

20150530 (animal companions)



















Loki’s getting these bumps 

All over his body, skin eruptions

That grow like a pencil lead

From a barrel atop his head

Let’s look at your horn I ask

He’ll resist a bit but between

My fingers I’ll find it sometimes

Wrapped with his curly fur every

Day longer. It feels as if the end

Is dead and with a quick twist 

I could break it off. I don’t. What if

That were the mole for years behind my ear

And someone constantly picked at it

Some are fat pads large as a half dollar

When was the last time you saw one of those

On his chest behind his foreleg just as

Described for Schnauzers at Web MD 

The rest are these hard red bumps that

Grow over time from tiny barely noted

Nodules. When groomed the first is 

Clearly visible upon his back. Fur grows

Again it’s gone. I respect my vet long 

In successful practice and when she prods

And pokes his tiny frame and says, “Dogs

Get these. Don’t worry,” and tells the ladies 

At the desk not to charge me for the visit

I feel relieved. She said “don’t worry” and 

Helped me feel comforted of my concern

Catch a pet owner with his guard down

And he’ll easily say “my children” or 

“Come to Daddy,” quite innocently

Revealing the analogue of care, totally

Unashamed of it being that kind

Of relationship


c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment