Friday, April 18, 2014

Why Don't We Stop the Rich from Getting Richer? Part I

Economics-- "Dismal Science"--Not necessarily

We've been told by the bankers, banking is way too complicated to leave to the likes of taxpayers such as we. "Just trust us," they say and have been saying since we bailed out their collective asses over the years since 2008. 

But we are not so stupid anymore. We can see that the ranks of the middle class are diminishing. The wages of workers have been flat since 1980. And, for some of us, who now have time to read, we can both learn and understand why it's all happening.

Watching the linked Bill Moyers interview with Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman of Princeton may stir your curiosity. I know I'll be reading it as soon as I can get my grubby little hands on a copy.

http://billmoyers.com/video/




No comments:

Post a Comment