Saturday, July 9, 2016

20160707 (Watson, come here, I need you)

Bell phones, cellphones, hellphones



















Don’t read this if you’re already

Just sick of phone issues, for this

Is a tale of four (4) phones: Three

Tracfones and one Virgin Mobile—

All cheap beyond belief. I don’t

Need a camera; I don’t need the

Internet; I don’t play video games;

And I don’t text—I just call and

Talk to people and they talk to

Me. This is called conversation

And up until the the age of

Digitation it seemed to suffice.

Phone #1, lost somewhere in

The house. Worked well, I 

Couldn’t find it so I bought

Phone #2. Shortly after getting

It home I found #1, so I kept

The purchase for the rainy day

When I did lose my #1 for real.

My sister got married fifty years 

Ago (God bless them) and I

Traveled with my brother to

The celebration in Austintown.

Phone #1 fell out of my pocket

Into my brother’s car and 

Disappeared briefly. Despaired of

Finding it and activated #2.

Kept using it despite lousy

Service: no bars; calls not getting

Through; everybody shoved i

Into voicemail; then voicemail

Messages at 3AM. Finally fed

Up with poor performance I

Purchased phone #3 (1-3 all 

Tracfones-cheapies). Attempted

To activate #3 and was informed 

By computer that #3 would not

Be activated because of an "issue."

And I would be getting in 30 days

A replacement 3G phone. This

Attempted activation rendered

Phone #2 dead. I’d be out of 

Telephone service for 30 days as

I prepared to move. Agghh!

Went out and bought #4, this

Time a Virgin Mobile cheapie

And a 30-day service period.

After charging and activating

Phone #4 and making a test call

(It worked), I proceeded to chat

With a Tracfone customer service

Person or computer (hard to tell

Which). In the middle of that

Chat #3 buzzes its activation

Signal and indicates rather 

Obnoxiously/gleefully that

Some fool really didn’t need

To buy #4. Tried taking #4 back

To Target for return but could

Not convince them to accept

It. Knowledgeable and kind

Return clerk but adamant re:

No refund. Decided to keep

Phone #4 for making harassing

Calls to Target management at

Three AM. I’d explain more

But I think you get it.








c. J.S.Manista, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment