Thursday, February 20, 2014

Now That Winter Is Over (a continuing saga)

Dear Gangaroonies,



It's 50 degrees F here in town and the snow I struggled to lift away from my car, my drive, my walkway, into which I could have easily buried a yardstick, is now almost gone. One might say it was a cold, rainy day today or one could say it was Cleveland as I remember it from youth. 


I perhaps have already told you how when I was once at a doctor/dentist waiting room I happened upon an annual reportish-looking booklet just filled with pictures of subliminally familiar buildings in this place where the sky was perfect blue, the grass lush and green, the streets marvelously free of trash and traffic.


"What wonderful place could this be?" I thought loudly enough to have to put quotation marks around the query. Strangely believe it, it was from no less than the Greater Cleveland Growth Association! The pictures must have all been taken on the one or two days when the weather cooperated.


You can imagine how foolish I felt for having been taken in by such a cheap trick. Why not show us as we are, rainy and gray, warts and all (Sophia petting break)? But since they were the Growth association I guess I should forgive the lying bastards.


If I have already related this to you at least once if not many times over---get used to the babbling of your elder--or at least visit his blog. I could use the views. 


Love, Peace, and Hope,

James Manista

No comments:

Post a Comment