Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Contusion Confusion; Will Live

Dear Gangaroonies,


Snow has returned to the Mistake on the Lake with underlying ice from melted snow.

I fell yesterday when taking out the compost. Landed on back but felt severe pain along my sternum and left side down from the armpit. Couldn't breathe without pain for about 20 seconds. Fell face up in the snow so of course I prayed in earnest, "Oh God, save me again. Yeah, again." It pays not to be too creative with emergency prayers. I figured it's worked before and gets in all the essentials tersely.

This morning my colleagues at Bibles and Bagels urged me to see a doctor. Mine's out in Arizona taking care of the Cleveland Baseball Players (I refuse to call them the Indians), so I had an opportunity to meet a lovely young MD this afternoon, who after hearing that I pick up dog poop and recycle my food and garden waste, thinks I'm a saint. Perceptive lady who assures me that had I damaged any ribs her palpations (pal Patience?) would have had me screaming.

She also invited me to come back if things change for the worse and advised me about pain meds. Gave her staff some of my cards and urged them to look my blog up on the internet should they want to get away from humdrum office computing. That should dispel the saint thing quickly enough.

Nice to be within walking distance of a hospital and emergency room. Actually I might sue the owner for not clearing my walk.

My old pal Tony will be walking Loki twice a day until I'm back in the saddle.

And watch Secrets of the Vatican on Frontline :  http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/secrets-of-the-vatican

90 minutes of riveting, shocking, rivets, and shocks. Knew there was something up with all those guys walking around in dresses.



Love, Peace, and Hope,
James Manista

P.S. Also finally finished reading Moby Dick. Now I can do a real book report instead of that Classics Illustrated crap I turned in for college English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment