Sunday, July 26, 2015

Garrison Keillor, are you listening?














What made me think I could paint 

On a ladder as the sun has already set

And the bugs who love me in the 

Sunlight congregate to swear their 

Troth for me at night. This is just a

Small job but their drilling at my calves

As if they hadn’t a bite all day

They’re immune to reason I could

Easily fall from this tentative perch

If I dared to try to swat them 

My feet are eight feet off the ground

And the landing would probably 

Crack my head against the stone

As my legs slipping in between the rungs

Would snap rather than these old

Weathered rungs of course my phone 

Is upstairs charging and the beautiful

Young woman next door

Who recently dyed her black hair 

Silver blond has finished washing dishes

And wouldn’t see me fall

Wouldn’t this be great time

To have a piece of rhubarb pie?



c J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment