Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Review of Old Movie--Robin Hood Men in Tights















Sometimes when you're in a funk you just need to apply a Mel Brooks' movie to the affected area. I tried last night with Dracula Dead and Loving It but the DVD from the library was so damaged most of what I saw was "skipping over damaged area."

Took that back and obtained Robin Hood, Men in Tights. I think if I allowed myself to dream it would be to co-write a comedy screenplay with Mel Brooks. I remember  seeing a special PBS interview with him from which I concluded--this man is a mensch--and I wish I could be like him. That's one of the good things about perceiving goodness--you want to incorporate it into your world, even yourself. 

Enough of this enduring admiration. We'll leave it at the whole world is wonderfully better for there having been a Melvin James Kaminsky. Unfortunately I shall probably never meet him and had I the opportunity I would do it though fearful of being just another fan.

Quick and Dirty: Hey, it's Mel Brooks, wildly and unevenly funny. Only note, while the movie includes numerous black characters--David Chappelle the most prominent but also a scene of the tomahawk chop which is today prominently controversial as offensive to Native Americans. Hopefully they would see it as not mockery of them but as mockery of the mindless choppers.



c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment