Tuesday, October 20, 2015

20151021 (live/work)

Central ceiling switched lamp is unreliable, casts
shadows of my head on the stove and work area

Used spare fluorescents to put light above






























The steady thud of oriented 

Strand board slapped down on the 

Rafters set measures for the

Irregular shots of the nail gun

More poetically stated than

Experienced at eight o’clock

Each morning intrepid Amish 

Carpenters paid by the job

Not the hour are again at 

Work this morning within 

Fifty feet of my bed rousing 

Me from an an R-E-M period 

The subject of which has flown

Forgotten just as in the hymn

Loki Sophia lying like

Concrete bags against my back 

Jostling the covers undoes 

Their improvised pocket pads

As I turn to sit up knowing I

Have to get something done

Today or I will no longer be able

To excuse my sloth as lethargy

Especially with the unstopping

Amish setting the pace as if sent

By God as an example of holy

Work accusing me from last 

Night are bedsheets I left in the 

Dryer dishes from two nights

Ago the lights left on in the 

Basement with the unfetched

Clothes any number of projects

In process which I decided will 

Be called P-I-Ps as if by naming 

Them cutely their scope or 

Importance diminished in any

Manner I likewise take great

Latitude in the interpretation

Of process I must have done

Something within the last year

To hold it in process whether it

Was not finding the tool I needed

For starting and deciding to move

On to another or merely daydreaming

How it might be done or that it must

Be done or even deciding someone

Else will have to do it I range

Over the field at least once a

Week to keep them in process

Like that horrible cyclical dream

Of having to keep fifty tires 

Rolling down the street all 

Together catching those that 

Slow and wobble restarting

The ones fallen behind racing 

Forward to prevent a leader from

Bumping into several others but that 

Wasn’t my R-E-M dream this

Morning so after doing the 

Standards dressing breakfast

Dogwalk dishwash the prospect

Of putting lights over my stove

Work area seemed just right 

Kitchen’s center lamp switch

Ceased working it was time to

Upgrade simple enough 

It’s done now to fix a stool as

Standing at the stove kills my

Back another PIP




c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment