Monday, October 26, 2015

20151027 (losses)

























Somehow in the shifting about

I lost some things I miss very much 

A five-minute tape of my comic

Performance at Akron’s Hilarities

Comedy Club except it wasn’t called

That then a half-hour tape of Jean’s

Family movies of her as a young

Woman made from eight millimeter

Film which I had someone convert

To VHS and sent one to each of 

The kids the stash of unmounted

Photos that didn’t get put into the

Albums worst of all the box of 

Our correspondence in the year

We first met when she was still

At Indiana and I was working

As a mailman it had other things

Too a set of one inch cubes I had

Painted faces white or red and

Half red and half white along a

Diagonal she had done well on

Her IQ test except for the spacial

Visualization I gave her the cubes

So she could practice while away

And one five-inch crutch I carved

From wood with a pink bow on it

She’d hurt her foot and sent me a

Photograph of her leaning on her

Pink-personalized support things

I think now I would never have

Thrown away kept in a box clearly

Labelled memorabilia but of course

Just yesterday afternoon I couldn’t

Find my green plastic leaf rake

Once I had two then one now none

So I have misplaced things tools

Especially but they eventually turn

Up usually after the need for them

Is gone I’ve got over two thousand

Slides I have yet to convert to CD

So the kids will each have albums

Of their growing up of their parents

Early years stupid me none are marked

For the dates which alone would have

Helped me keep them in order is it one

Of my last tasks the bucket list of 

OCD that will weigh me down till it’s

Done I knew I had the memo box when

I moved in with my ex- I thought I had

The tapes too I know I went through a

Phase of purging my life so I could

Readily accept my second marriage

I can’t think I threw those things out

I kept the albums the slides in the

Garage the memo box too like I

Said there was a lot of shifting of stuff

Over the years the tumult of the

Separation re-establishing myself

Here in this house there are so many

Times they might have been pitched

In error sadly some things even

Things precious just to you

Disappear and you 

Have to release





c. J.S.Manista, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment