Monday, June 27, 2016

20160626 (disposal)

Noon
7 PM
















You can see I’m losing ground

If you’ve been watching the 

Blogdate. This is labeled for 

The 26th but it’s really 9 PM

On the 27th. I’ve been removing

Stuff from the house and garage

Mostly taking it to a recycler for

Pennies or donating it to Habitat

For that wonderful “good all over”

Feeling you get when it all 

Becomes somebody else’s problem.

Since I haven’t started into the 

Clothes yet, mostly hardware 

And furniture, it appears we 

Have become a society that

Makes far more wire and 

Doorknobs than we’ll ever

Need. Same goes for kitchen

Cabinets of which I just “Freed”

About seven uppers and one

Rotating base corner beauty

The door of which needed to 

Be adjusted so it would hit

The detent for closure in the 

Center rather than 2 inches off.

I concluded this problem could

Not be corrected unless someone

Propped the door at the exact 

Center. That closed both sides.

How could one get inside to

Make the necessary adjustment?

Only a battery of elves could

Bring this off. I left it to them.

Hauled them out about noon.

All gone by 7 PM.  Like giving

Away the rest of the puppies:

You hope they go to a good home.

Yet there is still a whopping

Amount to sell, donate, or pitch.

And I tire easily. The dog walk

Is a challenge now. We used to 

Walk for miles (never four miles).

When we got home the dog 

Would (not the dogwood) crash

And I’d move on to the next

Job. Now I crash with the dog

Whose doggie-years are like

My human ones. His frailties

Are showing up. His puppiness

Long gone. I can’t even get

My puppiness to show up in 

My dreams. That would be

Some satisfaction. Those 

Memories have to be pried

From time by crowbars of

Recollection, spurred by

Old pictures. Fragrances will 

Bring some back even though

I wasn’t keen on scents in my

Youth (nor sense, either). If the

Body is the tool of life (keep it

Clean here) my edges have 

Rusted and dulled with time

To the point where no amount

Of honing will restore them—

Except for my words, of course,

Which are getting harder to 

Find, harder to join cleverly

To compel an emotion, convey

An experience, discover some

Novelty worth sharing. Mind

You now, it will likely only

Be commentary on what’s

Already out there. The well

May have gone dry.









c. J.S.Manista, 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment