Monday, August 10, 2015

20150809 (Pride)


















I should of stood in bed yesterday

For all that I accomplished

Wearing my suit was the first

Great feat of the day

Then I managed not to fall over

Serving communion at our church

For that virtue was its own reward 

No sparking of the brain no hustle in the ass

Like I said at first I should of well you know

There are times I feel lively when I don’t

Have to push each bone from within

Tell each muscle one more time ok

Baby now again keeping the process

Organized enough to walk the dog

The daily jog no I don’t run the daily course

Past the restaurants with patrons dining

Al fresco who might comment what a cute

Little pooch what is he so we’d converse

Like normal people lives touching each other

Out of the blue but you’ve got to catch

Their attention at just the right time

Just as the laughter from a joke

Is dying down she looks away

From friends at the table or when

She wants to change the subject

Like maybe the guy is coming on

Too strong better than the sky is so blue

Did you see the news last night

Certainly better than don’t talk 

About my mother like that the 

Argument can wait while he cools

Sometimes genuinely they ask about the dog

Or they have one of their own

Who lay near their legs unperturbed

By mine who makes a fuss

Trying for a little nose to butt

Before he’s dragged away

If we chat and if I had the presence of mind

To pack some cards in my pocket

I’ll offer one or two before I go

Playing it down if you’re on the net

With absolutely nothing better to do

You might try this and be surprised

The congenial types say thank you

The insecure quickly promise I’ll be 

Sure to look you up whether they do

Or whether they all light their barbecues

With my cards I can’t guess

My numbers are coming up

Almost nobody comments though

This was the white hatted wacko 

With the nice little dog

Who bothered us as we ate 

OK I’ve looked him up it’s clear

He’s no Shakespeare but since he uses

Upper case he’s no e. e. cummings either

Does he know punctuation is part

Of communicating no wonder

Nobody pays him for this





c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment