Friday, August 21, 2015

20150821 (muse)































A muse can be a pain in the ass

Take Beatrix here who lovely enough

Refuses to pick up any share of the housework

Dancing like a pixie all day in thin filmy wisps

Of nothing much she could dust at least

As she goes older bards like you

Need added stimulation forget the house

The yard and the bank you know you

Prefer me to all of those tedious tasks

Dishes in the sink are like love notes

You’ve left me that I’ve had some effect

On your dreary life at the iMac my song

For you is call up Pages format a document

As if you were Mozart before the scribed lines

I’ll sing you the melody you lay down the notes

The words as if you were strumming 

My vertebrae gently with your fingers

Like the first touch you had of my bare skin

Go ahead you’ve never written directly about me

Nor ever told anyone before about my green eyes

My silky red hair the freckles of youth

Nor that we ever danced breathlessly

Challenging the lexicon of desire

Listen babes I tell her I’ve got 

Things to do it’s been really great 

To have you around freeing my spirit

But that don’t put out the garbage

Or wash my underwear every once

In a while I’ve got to surrender

To the clamors of tidying up the place

I can’t do it with you on my mind

Oh Bea please don’t pout you know

I can’t take it for you to be blue

Not to cry that’s even worse I’ll

Die if you whimper come sit on my lap

If I do just a paragraph will you relent

With this sadness what would you like

Something declaring your beauty

Remember I live alone people will

Really know that I’m nuts 

Writing about some inspiring 

Exquisite genie of romance

Besides that was years ago

You know the old song how

Words of love so soft and tender

Won’t win a girl’s heart anymore

Except today to send her somewhere

She’s never been before requires an

Experienced travel agent an 

Inexhaustible bank account and flying 

Is the worst thing for your carbon footprint

Maybe if instead you just sit in 

My desk chair do your nails 

Toes always need buffing

While I wash and put away

Last night’s pots and pans

I’ll talk to you the whole while

And look round the corner

Check in on you delightful vision

Bea Beatrix are you listening

Damn it now where the hell

Has she gone







c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment