Monday, August 10, 2015

20150810 (Lethargy/sloth)


















Mañana is today’s greatest labor-saving device

Somebody else will have to do my to do list

Whether it’s the weather or my diet

Someone else will have to try it my

Consciousness today is too much to maintain

No amount of mental jiggling revives me

Yet I can visualize a ready spirit actively

Pursuing closure of any number of tasks

Before I drop off to dreamland

In an old house I found 

All you have to do is wait

Necessity will be along 

Very inconveniently

Like covering up the garbage can 

Now that it’s raining I’ll dump 

The rain on my next trip

To the compost bin 

Which has to be rebuilt

I’ve got the stuff not the juice

Like all the rest it’ll have to persist

Till all the planets stars align

Grant me superhuman strength to 

Scramble out of bed don shirts shorts

Shoes zip downstairs turn on the 

Computer accessories the lamp

Grab the Brita and a cup scratch

The last teaspoon of Folger’s Decaf

Nuke the blackening fluid feed the cat

Round the corner feed the dog

Pass back through the dining room

Slosh some creamer in just as the timer 

Sounds drop my butt in the chair 

Hit for Safari delete all the unwanted

Email check Facebook get the pooch

In my lap push for Democracy Now!

Slowly fall asleep to Amy Goodman

Droning too long about something 

A lefty should care about 

Unless it’s the morning 

I prick my finger test 

My blood sugar numbers then 

After fixing eating some breakfast

Vowing that I will check it again

In two hours see get the pooch on my lap

For sequellae as above infernal napping

Is destroying all my remaining time

If I deferred all work till the sky is blue

Temperature cool enough not to sweat

Humidity a relic of the prior season

I might as well have been entombed

The whole summer waking to

Overdue notices a jungle of weeds

I’ll have so many more house 

Glitches that cropped up when 

I wasn't watching I’ve thought them all 

Through now's the right time to finish

The will is finally vitally aroused

But the spirit says I should

First grab some ZZZZs



c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment