Sunday, May 15, 2016

20160517 (feedback)

Sadly many people either have no light or prefer their bushel
















You can’t please all the people

All the time. I’ve found after

Writing daily for close to a year

That no topic has met with

Unanimous approval. Which is

Odd for me to state as this blog

Is not read by a great number

Who dare to find it. The complete

Absence of comments for even

The most outrageous of rants

Indicates that either: 1. nobody

Notices, or 2. nobody gives a fig.

Either one believes the Blogger 

Stats which show 14,415 viewings

In countries as various as Tajikistan

Or they're made of whole cloth to

Keep bloggers writing. All that 

Needs to happen for a site to 

Register as viewed is for a 

Surfer to merely review the

Blog list. If he/she pulls up

Yours randomly (even if they

Spend no minimum time 

Perusing it) your stat grows

By one “viewing.” For all 

The business cards I have 

Passed along in the years

Of writing I’m inclined to 

Think they have been used

More frequently to light cigars

Or folded over and inserted

In window sash to keep them 

From rattling in the winter

Wind. But of the comments

I’ve learned in conversation the 

Outstanding one 1. is I’m 

Hard to read (which may 

Have been true when I 

Avoided all punctuation,

Relying on readers to sense

The cadence of the narrative). 

Second, or 2. they missed 

The point. I’ll write about 

Moral collapse in war and

They’ll tell me, “I had a cat 

Like that.” 3. They disagree

Wholeheartedly, chiding me

For making a big fuss about

Nothing, advising me to

“Get real, get over it, 

Get a life.” 4. I have violated 

Their notion of what everyone 

Must be to be in their clique 

Where everyone agrees on 

What is right. Dare not question.

Cross the line From that point 

On you have faded from their

Field of the forgotten. At least

These I know read with 

Understanding if not with

Sympathy. Hey, you punch

The keyboard and take

What you gets.









c. J.S.Manista, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment