Wednesday, September 16, 2015

20150918 (animal talk)

If I am ever finally in a great cat’s clutch

Or running from the howling wolf pack

Do you think they will spare me for all

The dollars I spent on their brethrens’ care

For all the scratches I received while

Learning to trim their claws without

Drawing blood is it possible those hours

Of tickling scratching massaging

Feline canine spines will trickle through the 

Phylogenetic memory forego my neck’s

Fatal puncture by huge tiger teeth

The soft words of love I sounded in

Those tiny ears in not just one but seven

Sophia Erzulie Jozina Bernie Chloe

Chessica Tosh forget that four of them

Died at my wish at the vet’s it was

Painless humane feline at least no cry 

Gave out except for Erzulie sweet

Ball of playful fluff that I nursed

As a kitten from death’s door for 

Her I teared up volubly wept

Kindly vet let me hold her long 

Past the time of expiration let

Me leave the back way so I didn’t

Have to face the gauntlet of judgmental

Glances passing through the exam 

Room without the cat I carried in

Just for that alone growling one

Do not rip skin from my bones

Yes it was I who promoted ending

All zoos none suitable enough for

You magnificent beasts where you

Lay in the shade bear the taunts

Of mean children adults I feel your 

Hot breath steaming my face 

Remember your brothers sisters 

I neutered were anesthetized

Properly sutured given pain meds

Kept warm fed let me live

You brothers of wolves when

You have encircled me in the dark snowy

Wood remember somehow through 

Your shared DNA I cared for 

Lucky Lucky II as best I could

For an unskilled child it was I

Who cleaned up their poop circles

Built their houses for the back yard

At night I took pity at their barking 

Begged to let them sleep near the stove 

To stay warm no I can’t explain why

My parents took them to the farm

Understand as an adult I forbade

My children dogs and cats fearful

Of providing costly fleas a home then 

Let Andy as a med student

Bring beautiful Sampson home

Glorious mix of Golden Collie

Epileptic but we got him on 

Pills listen I signed petitions to let

You guys back into Yellowstone certainly

You’ve heard from Loki my latest 

Check your messages emails tweets

He must be pleading even now 

As you close in snarling well yes

I had to snuff Sampson my ex- was 

Allergic that’s why Loki is 

Hypo-allergenic well yes they 

Were both neutered it was so 

More convenient but guys

I’ve got a way with words

I’ll outdo Blake’s Tiger

Knight’s Lassie Gipson’s Yeller

You’ll be famous I promise 

Just let me live   





c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment