Tuesday, September 22, 2015

20150923 (travel quandaries)


















Travel’s become my personal hell

Flying’s the worst but every type’s bad

I once got on a train with only the clothes 

On my back a construction helmet

Cash from the bank not even a book

To get me to Boston for a couple 

Of days loading a truck leaving 

Her loft with most of her stuff which 

Then sat undisturbed unexamined

In my home for four years once

You’ve settled on the time of 

The visit you’ve got to guess what

The weather will be just how

Much crap can you load in your

Smallest luggage usually ending 

The week with some clothing totally

Unused this presumes machine washing

At the terminus wondering why I ever

Thought a sweatshirt would be needed

Could be I’m just a lousy planner which

Might seem obvious from my desk

That holds letters declaring two 

Payments each a day late electronically

Some fog that fell over me on September

First which allowed me to record money

Paid on the bills list in the checkbook

Then fail to effect in the system

Would you trust a person who could 

Do that to make sure your panties

Were packed aside from the general

Worry about whether the local rapid

Was working one day it wasn’t which

Unnerved me to no end then there’s

The recent bad numbers from my 

Diabetic testing an extra pound that

Refuses to leave hell I discover 

I don’t have a raincoat the pet sitter’s

Instructed the food’s out the leash is

Where he will find it the weather looks

Good oh God what do you want from

Me a rosary just to calm down this is

All amuck because I don’t have the 

Reservation number which would

Let me print a boarding pass in the

Twenty fours hours before getting

On the plane now I actually have to

Speak with an agent please keep me

From falling in love they’re always

So congenial those brunette haired

Late middle aged women so scrumptious at 

That last moment before departure

If they broke from their professional

Composure asked me please don’t go 

I’m not sure I wouldn’t cancel

Right there on the spot or do my 

Best to concoct a one-minute troth

Pledging I’ll be back in a week 

We can pick the relationship up over

One of those insanely high priced 

Airport coffees you can tell I’m upset 

If imagining matrimonial love

 

Is the only thing that will help me

Catch my breath the plane and a

Taxi





c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment