Saturday, September 19, 2015

20150921 (political mail)






































Getting to the top of my desk

Is a bit of a dig particularly if

I don’t get the mail open dispose

Of it timely by dispose I mean

Read the essential discard the

Waste to recycling act on the necessary

For instance just how much time 

Should I put into the query from

Hillary who assures me she wants

To know what I think needs attention

In America damn woman haven’t you

Been reading my blog so I check the

Back side if it’s been printed on

Into recycling unless it’s that shiny

Crap loaded with toxic chemical ink

If the back is clear it goes into the

Printer perhaps ending up as a hard

Copy of this very tirade I confess

I have contributed politically more

To causes than candidates it’s surprising

How many of them disappoint you

Once they’ve got the money but

You get on these lists as a contributor

And have to delete from last night’s 

E-mail fifty to seventy-five appeals

Every morning however good they 

Are from save the seals to end filibusters

Help Elizabeth Warren’s friends stay

Get into congress the check mark

Lands in the box and off they go

To try again tomorrow I won’t

Give the death chop unsubscribe

Cause every once in a while it’s

Only to underwrite a petition I’ll

Do that in a snap it’s the next page

That posts something like now put

Your money where your mouth is

Hey bubs I remember when politicos

Were supposed to respect your opinions

Didn’t care what you contributed to

Their campaigns did the good sisters 

Lie to me in eighth-grade civics 

When they taught me congress was where

Representatives threshed out ideas

For government subjected suggestions 

To rigorous reason approving them 

Only after comprehensive debate 

Then why on C-Span 

Are the chambers virtually empty

Except for the speaker proposing

Opposing the issue at hand surely

Somebody should be there ready

To object Mr. Speaker honored

Colleagues the gentleman

From Virginia is absolutely full of

Shit and I’ll tell you why that’s not

Where the action is not in the reasoning

Votes are secured in the restaurants

Of DC where well-paid lobbyists

Entertain the congress persons by

Advising we can help you get the

Spending you need in your state

But you’ve got to help us with this

Something like I’ll scratch your back

The price is you scratch mine when 

There’s enough votes committed to 

One side or another the reasoning on

The floor is called to a halt vote taken

Go home with your plaudits and plot

The next piracy





c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment