Saturday, September 19, 2015

20150920 (physics)




















A thing cannot be and not be

At the same time and in the same

Respect not if we expect logic

And reason to work someone should

Have told Max Planck and the quantum

Crowd but I doubt it would have 

Changed matters they had so 

Much to point to the double slit

Quandary black body radiation

The funny things that happen

When you observe an experiment

Compared to what happens 

When you don’t poor Schrodinger’s

Cat did he make it or not tiny things

Obeyed puzzling rules Richard

Feynman famously stated if you

Think you understand quantum

Mechanics you don’t last night

Trying to grasp the umpteenth

You tube documentary I felt I

Was beginning to get it experts

Say without the math you’re

Not really able to in the slightest

That settles it I crapped

Out in integral calculus and to

This day I can’t say why I had

Always been quick with math

Perhaps I was discovering

Other studies history literature

Of course I was in one of my chronic

Depressions that probably 

Accounts for my losses those years

I was not in the mood to compete

Where before I had sailed through

Maybe my interest now

In late life is an attempt

To make up for forsaken glory

Compelled to achieve again

To study integral calculus get

More than a poet’s knowledge

Of modern science physics for 

Poets is what we jocularly called

The course I took in college I am

Not tempted in the slightest to 

Review my grade I fear I did terribly

An awful lot hinges on whether

A thing can be and not be at the

Same time and in the same respect

And in quantum mechanics there

Seem to be plenty examples of

Precisely that particles being waves

Vice versa entanglements of

Particles across immense distances

The strict determinism of Newton’s

Universe of billiard balls predictable

In location momentum poof all gone

Einstein was convinced God did not

Play dice with the universe but there

It was for none to contest at the very

Base of our being nothing

To count on





c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment