Monday, November 2, 2015

20151104 (faithfulness)






































However much good confession is

For publicity it may or may not be

Salutary for your soul depending on

The legalities involved statute of 

Limitations surviving victims

Whether a weapon was found or

The scene bulldozed malled over

That’s for significant errors mine

Are more like cheatsheets generously

Self-graded quizzes carefully selected

Days taken off sick and a few time

Cards deftly punched for departed

Colleagues nothing much to 

Reveal about my role in the

Sexual revolution I served as

Neither a conscript nor a volunteer

There were no shots across my 

Bow and truth be told I would

Not have shirked my duty had 

Anyone informed me I may have

Slept through the battle call never

Forged tax documents nor

Attempted to defraud although

As a child I may have oversold

The benefits of subscribing to

The Catholic Universe Bulletin

I falsely claimed reading in toto

Several books for the library’s

Summer reading club pretty much

The same in college my brother

Built a model airplane which I

Submitted as my own won 

Second place at Young Modeler’s

Where were my mentors when I

Was foisting this charade I never

Confessed this before hope it’s

Only a venial transgression wrote

My son’s book report on Walden

For which his teacher said tell your

Father I gave him an F they won’t

Pull his medical license for that

Surely where were his mentors

When I was doing that shameful

Deed does he have to turn in his

Eagle Scout badge as an accessory

Then there’s all that inward evil

Yet to surface a la Jimmy Carter

Those women for whom I hungered

Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams, and

The like most recently that beauty

Today at Dave’s Supermarket who

Wandered up the aisle to my down

Passing her several times I thought

To blurt out I can die now knowing

I have lived for a few seconds

Within inches of you Perfection

If the ring she wore were just

An engagement ring heck

Who’d have to know if you

Find this shocking I confessed

As much to a bible study group

Just this last Sunday it is impossible

That a man should evolve through

The millennia and not emerge an

Eternally horny being that’s what

Makes marital exclusiveness such a

Treasure that spouses give up all

Those others just for one I’m happy

To confess to that





c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment