Monday, November 16, 2015

20151118 (gloomy Gus)


















Putting a t-shirt on backwards

Shouldn’t ruin your whole day

One could leap to visions of

Being locked away a few years

Hence in a rubberized room

Naked smeared with one’s

Excrement as I visualized

Myself this morning just that

Occurred with the father of a 

Friend the young wife of

Another who died as the cancer

Ate her brain but this I told my

Cat was a day the Lord hath 

Made so I switched it around

Proceeded dressing without

Further incident no shoes 

Strapped on my hands that

Would be a neat trick nor

Mistaking inside for outside

Enough signals in the right 

Direction I completed the 

Basic first task a friend 

Recently suggested reading light

Fiction a while starting with

Winnie-the-Pooh sensing I

Toyed too much with the

Deep end what with my dire

Cautions of disasters for food

People weather thought I would 

Prosper by applying S. J. Perelman 

Robert Benchley to the affected area

Shocked as I was at first by

The comment maybe she’d 

Been reading this blog concluded 

I was taking my Cassandra

Posture entirely too seriously 

Wasn’t I the class clown

Laughing maybe too much

To keep from crying vulnerable 

With two tragic deaths in my 

Nuclear family had I borne

Unconsciously the mask of gloom 

Overlong another friend had closely

Clasped me wished me well as

If I had disclosed battling

Terminal illness I enjoyed 

The warmth of her embrace

But I’m suffering only from

My usual grumpiness about 

Mortality this gradual slide 

Into incapacity bodily failure

Don’t worry so I should have 

Made clear birth is a terminal

Condition for all more so as

We age I’ll have to consider

Containing my complaints I

Love the affection the attention

But I’d rather receive it

Deservedly







c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment