Wednesday, November 25, 2015

20151125 (purification)



I’m enough of a feminist to know

I ought not categorize joys

As women’s or men’s I’ve 

Enough examples of men

Cooking of women plumbing

Electrifying but since we’re

Nowhere near gender parity

I’ll state most women many

Men know whereof I speak

When I say a spotless kitchen

Is a joy almost forever the

Passion builds as more and 

More soiled units rise to 

Sparklehood the downside of

Course is the kitchen universe

Cannot stay pristine without a

Marked increment in the ordering

Out line item of the budget

Getting the place dustfree would

Lift my slavic heart even higher

But for tonight I will settle for

Sufficiently immaculate pots

Dishes utensils supper this

Evening consists of knocking 

Off the remaining salad from

Which I learned graphically 

One should though not

Necessarily must rinse lettuce

Under cold water to remove

Those nasty gritty grinders

That threaten dental work

As they sand one's teeth by now

You’re thinking if he ever invites

Us over for a meal that’s the

Night we’ll be grouting our tile

Fear not brave gentle reader

I haven’t threatened yet to offer

Anyone so much as peanut butter

And jelly I am in such disarray

I have a large conference table 

I’m planning to use one day

After I repair the broken leg

For a not impossible Thanksgiving 

Feast seating at least six as many

As ten some day celebrating

National gluttony before I depart

You’ll each be seated on unique 

Chairs I copped from dumpster

Dives or wrestled out of the 

Clauses of my ex’s lawyer

Unless you’re one of the 

Unfortunate four who will

Have to use my rickety card

Table folders which have made

Lesser sorts enrich chiropractors

If I don’t commit to a vegan diet

There’ll be turkey or tofurkey

Mashed sweet potatoes greens 

Sans bacon either way sparkling 

Non-alcoholic grape juice cold

Water unjellied cranberries

Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip

No heart is one hundred 

Percent pure decaf not all 

That bad for an old fart who 

Never turned a page in James Beard 

Or Julia Child she’s way too

Much wine and butter for a

Pre-vegan teetotaler like me








c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment