Thursday, November 26, 2015

20151126 (burdens)


This cat could be Sophia and she looks like she's kneading my shoulder
Because it’s getting light enough

To make out the old water stains

On the ceiling you think it’s

Time to get out of bed and feed you

Cat else why would you knead my 

Shoulder so occasionally using your

Scalpel sharp claws to emphasize

Desperation Sophia you don’t have 

Any idea how good your life is

With clean water scooped sand never

Having to catch a bird or mouse

To fill your tummy not to mention

The numerous choices of window

Spots from which to absorb the 

Afternoon sun why did I ever let

You form this habit I’m not this

Strict about my own rising though

I’m told I should follow a schedule

So my body learns when to produce

Insulin I think about the loveliness

Of your face the tigery striations

For which you did not need to 

Struggle or go to the gym to

Narrow your thighs your short

Tail light nimble perfect

As I stare in this shadowed dark

Into your round black eyes

I wonder what thinking goes

On behind those retinae you’re

Thinking food of course telling

Me every way you can if I 

Give the slightest hint of

Getting up you’ll start mewing

To cheer yes yes stay with it

Slippers next then bathroom

Then robe downstairs button 

The computer the accessories

Then kitchen get the cup

Water decaf punch the nuke

Yea bathroom grab my bowl

Almost there three scoops in

The tin you did it pops now

Freshen the water in my bowl

And leave me alone feed the 

Dog do whatever you want

I’m good till you open the door

Your cat creaturehood is so easily

Borne not a worry in the bunch

Not like dreaming of problems

From thirty forty years ago

Fraught with all the angst of

The original does everyone 

Have dreams that never let 

Them forget earlier terrors

Relive errors with all the

Shame and embarrassment

Supposedly withstood or 

Escaped only to find them

Again dominating the mind

The cat should only know

This of my creaturehood then

She’d know why I hesitate

To leave the warm dark of the

Covers until needing breakfast 

Jars me loose







c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment