Saturday, December 5, 2015

20151207 (waiting)
















I often joked one could get back

All the time you spent on hold

Or waiting on the runway for 

The plane to get something 

Inspected now I’ve had to add

The swirling beachball of death

That twirls while a computer

Awaits the next batch of bytes

To be processed as you surf

It was my theory that after

Death one could petition

Authorities at the gates

To recover those bits of 

Life you were denied while 

Waiting times too short to

Commit anything but virtual

Evil true times one could set 

Aside for prayer but often just

Piddled away doing nothing 

More than putting your body 

On autopilot and letting the

Autonomic nervous system 

Take over a while true

These could be moments of

Great moment decisions to 

Propose divorce sell that stock

Take the vacation get the car 

With the snazzy alloy wheels

Well you could have but didn’t

As you grew ever more pissed

Off that the program didn’t load

The person didn’t answer or 

Nowadays when the machine

Finally picks up announces

The memory is full try again

Later those are the times I

Submit could be handled by

A new profession of waiters

People who would wander

The common areas the plazas

Malls foyers hallways like taxis

Whom one could summon with

A whistle look Jack I’m on

Hold here and I can’t hang

Up I’ve tried numerous times

To get through could you

Hang on for me while I go

To the can out for a smoke

Dollar a minute I can do 

That but you’ve got to

Grab me when the call 

Comes through look at all 

The folks not earning anything

Hanging around anyway

What skill does it take to

Be or more be sentient can’t

Quite sleep on this job I 

Think restaurants already do

Something like this you talk

To the maitre’d and he gives

You an electronic robot which

Lets you know your table is 

Next so you can shop in the

Meantime or get plastered in

The bar so the Grim Reaper

Would offer you can go back

For another eight years two

Months sixteen days twenty three

Minutes fifty five seconds or

You can go to hell right now








c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment