Thursday, June 4, 2015

20150604 (honesty)




Fight with the Lord? Always

Seventy times seven? For forgiveness

You any idea how many that is

Divine love, yes, You can do that

I have a limit. That’s what “finite” means

I’m not gonna let people walk all over me

Including my ex, especially my ex

Those “least of these, My brethren”

Ever sit close to them on a bus

They stink and cough and twitch

Who knows when they bathed last

Their clothes are full of bugs

They could try to speak English 

Worst, they don’t seem to care

I could take it if I saw improvement

No wonder they end up in a ditch

With the crap beaten out of them

Like I should care. I’m not holding a gun

To their heads and making them shoot up

They could get a haircut and a job

Straighten up and fly right

Know what I mean? But this

Mercy I mete is the mercy I’ll meet

Makes no sense. They’re the ones 

Screwing up the system. I pay my dues

Why should they get the heavenly reward

When I worked every single day 

Of my life, never called in sick

Never complained about the boss’s

Attitude, never drank, or whored

Or gambled, not a day in my life

Went to church every Sunday, gave 

My buck, and sang the sappy hymns 

And they’re gonna sit in heaven 

On a cloud as high as mine

How’s that justice? I’m sorry 

You suffered. I’m sure that hurt

Which was your choice 

To save these bums I wouldn’t get 

A hangnail much less let them

Nail my hands and feet

What were you thinking, Lordy

Lord, what were you thinking


c. J.S.Manista, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment