Monday, June 15, 2015

20150615 (tasks)

The house came with a blue plastic tarp, perhaps just for this reason. After some wind and more rain I'll probably have to use more bricks to keep it in place. For now, a bandaid on a hemorrhoid.







I’ve got to drape a tarp

Atop the garage before it 

Pours again the skylight’s 

Leaking worse only in 

Ohio City a garage with 

A skylight like the rest of 

The garage a shoddy job

It held up for how many years

I’ll do it but first breakfast 

And the dog then I can run 

From leak to leak hoping to 

Stop the dreadful wet shiny 

Mold the rust that rots my 

Paltry sum my earthly goods

To naught more it is the season

Of the midges bane of 

Inhalable bugs blown from 

Our neighbor to the north

As they grateful for the 

Loss contend with even 

Larger more vicious plagues

Wilderness a blessing mixed 

The spectrum of green shadows

Sunbeams breaking through 

The leaves how like our houses

Unless they’re branches

Springing fresh they’re falling 

To the forest floor my porch 

Began its downward slide 

As soon as the hammer’s last 

Echo died against the court

Who keeps this field whose 

Farm is it who keeps my 

Gravity on course guides

My foot each step upon 

The ladder when so quickly 

It could slip despite my 

Careful planting on the rung

Or break from age its 

Supple treeness dried away

With age like bones that 

Will not take the strain

They once withstood 

With ease now more each 

Day I’m cognizant purpose 

Remains developing else 

Why keep me around long 

Since I pushed my genes along 

The track that is humanity’s project.

Just one more marble in the bag 

To change the game forever





c. J.S.Manista, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment