Friday, June 5, 2015

Review of Old Movie--Blues Brothers





































OLD MOVIE REVIEW--Actually "Review of Old Movie" to be more precise. Last night I finally watched (to be truthful--slept through non-musical portion) the Blues Brothers. I'm trying finally to catch up on contemporary culture I missed when it was still contemporary. Music, choreography were super. The chase scene is way over the top and classic (the real reason I thought to watch it) must have cost millions and provided work for numerous body shops in Chicago. Akroyd's wooden acting, I felt more his lack of range than clever of styling. Seeing John Belushi again was poignant to say the least. I don't think I slept more than a minute or two. Overall a little predictable but fun nonetheless. And not a moment too soon.

c. J.S.Manista, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment